We provide accommodation in a cozy holiday house with a floor heating, where up to 10 people can stay overnight.
In the house there are 2 bedrooms, one of which has a double bed and the other a bunk bed with double bed on the lower site. Besides there is a 18 m2 sleeping loft with 3 beds and 2 mattresses. There is also a crib in the house.
Kitchen with modern whiteware and all necessary tableware and a sitting room with TV and DVD player. Outside the sitting room is a patio with garden furniture and a gas barbecue. The viev from the house is breathtaking, looking east the famous volcano Hekla is dominating.
Vorsabær II is a well-known horsebreeding farm. Guest can go for short riding tours and specialised children’s tours are also on offer. Even though the horses are used to riders and are perfectly calm, each tour starts indoors in a riding arena in order for man and beast to get acquainted with one another and to make sure that each rider is matched with a good horse that fits his or her skills. More experienced riders can book longer tours.
Various hiking routes in the area. An 18-hole golf course, Selsvöllur, by village Flúðir (17 km / 10.5 mi) and a 9-hole course, Svarfhólsvöllur, by town Selfoss (30 km / 18.6 mi), widely considered to be among the best 9-hole courses in Iceland. A swimming pool in Brautarholt (2 km / 1.2 mi). White river rafting and kayaking on river Hvítá. The nearest town with supermarkets, restaurants, a swimming pool and various tourism services is Selfoss (30 km / 18.6 mi).
A welcoming country cottage by the farmhouse Vorsabær II located at the heart of Iceland’s South. Two bedrooms and a roomy sleeping loft. A good location for those who want to travel through South Iceland. Many of Iceland’s more famous natural attractions are within easy reach, and there is a good selection of activities. Guests are welcome to participate in farm work.
- Vorsabær II is centrally located in the southern lowlands and a good base from which longer and shorter excursions can be taken.
- The Geysir geothermal area (45 km / 28 mi), named after the world-famous geyser Geysir, is also home to Strokkur, which erupts every 10 – 15 minutes. Iceland’s most famous and arguably most beautiful waterfall,
- Gullfoss, is only 10 km (6.2 mi) away from the Geysir area. Other lovely natural attractions in the area include waterfalls
- Urriðafoss in river Þjórsá (19 km / 12 mi) and
- Faxi in the Tungufljót River (34 km / 21 mi).
- The valley Þjórsárdalur (38 km / 23.5 mi) is a varied and exciting area close to
- Mt. Hekla’s foothills. Many marked hiking trails, as well as a number of beautiful spots and a renovated historical farm.
- Þingvellir National Park (76 km / 47 mi) is a place blessed with extraordinary natural beauty and rich history.
For more information pls. contact us …..
- Vorsabær 2, Skeiðum, 801 Selfoss –
- email@example.com –
- Phone: (+354) 486-5522 –
- Mobile: (+354) 861-9634 (Björn) / (+354) 866-7420 (Stefania)
Vorsabær is situated in south Iceland, ca 80 km from Reykjavík and ca. 30 km.from Selfoss. Follow road Nr 1 from Selfoss to the east and turn north into road Nr 30 in direction to Flúðir. After about 15 km take road Nr 324 to the left to Vorsabær.