Mountain Taxi was established 1995 as one of the country’s first adventure tour companies. Being the Iceland travel and adventure experts, Mountain Taxi creates individual, small group and incentive trips for travelers. Our commitment to service and years of professional guiding experience is what makes Mountain Taxi the leader in Icelandic adventure tours and expeditions. A country of extremes, much of the interior of Iceland is inaccessible by anything other than specially outfitted jeeps. The terrain is rugged and difficult to access, and the best jeep guides temper their desire to tame the Highlands with a strict code of conduct based on a strong respect and need to protect the land.
MOUNTAIN TAXI AND THE ENVIRONMENT Environmental impact – how does Mountain Taxi addresses the issue.
1. All our super jeeps run on DIESEL fuel, not regular pertol = less pollution
2. Off road driving in Iceland is forbidden by law. You are only allowed to drive off road in the winter ON SNOW and frozen ground. So in fact the super jeep is not touching the ground at all = causing NO damage to the environment.
3. The only way to get into the Icelandic highlands in the summer is by a 4×4 vehicle.
4 .The only way to get into the Icelandic highlands in the winter is by a specially modified super jeeps that can drive on top of the snow = NO damage to the fragile ground vegetation.
5. Our Super jeeps are only used for our tours. On days that we don´t have tours they are not being used and therefore not producing any pollution. So in fact they are almost only used for long distance driving on low RPM.
6. Our minimum number of passengers on tours is 4. Each vehicle takes up to 7 passengers. We feel that it is difficult to justify driving big cars like ours with less people. It makes more sense for 3 couples to do a trip in one Mountain Taxi super jeep rather than 3 smaller rental cars.
7. We take good care of our vehicles and make sure they are always in first class condition. By doing so we don´t need to change them out for new ones on regular basis. This reduces the pollution caused by importing new vehicles.
8. We promote local production in the areas we visit on our tours. This involves buying local food, using Icelandic clothes and other products made in Iceland as much as we can and thereby reducing the need for imported products. This also adds to the sustainability of Iceland and individual farmers in more remote areas in Iceland.
9. For those who want Mountain Taxi can offer smaller vehicles, rental cars, for the tours.
Team Mountain Taxi
We don’t trust just anybody to take care of our customers the Mountain Taxi way. Mountain Taxi guides are chosen carefully based on experience and reputation. They have to be passionate about Iceland, able to deal with any situation, also in the middle of nowhere, and love what they do.
Explore our Iceland expeditions and day trips, or contact us about building your own custom Iceland travel experience.
Please visit our website for all info.. : Mountaintaxi.is
Please contact us : Contact form on our webpage
- Mountain Taxi – Víðigerði ehf
- Tel : (+354) 544-5252
- Skype: mountaintaxi
- Id number 680509-1070
- Skeidaras 10, Gardabae, Iceland
Is this your business?
Claim listing is the best way to manage and protect your business