The ski resort in Skarðsdalur, Siglufirði is among the best areas in Iceland. The slopes are good and variable and the view is breath taking. Lot of snow, 4 ski lifts the highest point is 630m. The ski area has a vertical drop of 450 meters and the longest trail is more than 1.5 km
- Lifts bottom-lift , the lifting of the plate Doppelmayr type, 430 m. long. Falling height of 100 m. Capacity 480 persons per hour. Built 1988.
- T-lift , also made of Doppelmayr, 1034 m. long. Falling height of 220 m. Capacity 720 persons per hour.
- Elevator bulge , plate lifting of Doppelmayr type, 530 m. long. Height of fall 180m. Capacity 550 persons per hour. Bungu lift is about 650 meters above sea level.
- Neck lift , the lifting of plate type Doppelmayr 320 m long. Height of fall 100m. Capacity 500 people per hour.
Please see our opening hours and tariffs on our webpage :
Opening hours and tariffs
News regarding opening hours and weather is always up to date : www.skardsdalur.is/news
If you have some questions, please send us your inquiry.
- Egil Rögnvaldsson regional / deliveries
- Odin Freyr Rögnvaldsson pusher man / lift keeping
- Kari Freyr Hreinsson tread man / mechanic / lift keeping
- Sigurjón Hrafn Ásgeirsson pusher man / lift keeping
- Patrick Þórarinsson lift keeping
- Hannibal Jonsson lifted keeping .
The ski slopes of Skarðsdalur are without a doubt among the best in Iceland. There are 4 lifts total length close to 2000 m where the highest point is 650m above see level. The fourth and highest lift measures 530 meters in length with a vertical rise of about 180 meters, and a capacity of about 550 persons per hour. The top end of the lift is over 650 meters above sea level. A fin ski lodge with good facilities for visitors. The skiing area is equipped with flood lighting.Good quality snow, and good ski slopes with a fantastic view over Siglufjordur.